CHC33015: Certificate III in Individual Support - EXTERNAL STUDIES
If daytime face-to-face workshops are not suitable contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our EXTERNAL STUDIES Learning option.
- Reference material and assessment requirements are accessed through an Online Learning Management System (LMS).
- Attendance to at least of 3 Practical Workplace Simulation Workshops, which are scheduled in the evening throughout the year.
- You will also need to complete a compulsory 120 hour placement.
- Rolling intake - Enrolment induction, including LLN and interview conditions apply.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
Support and empower people with disabilities with a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) and learn to work in the community or in residential facilities, reporting directly to a supervisor. Participate in the implementation of individualised plans, support community participation and inclusion and encourage individual health and emotional wellbeing.
With this qualification you can:
- Work effectively with people with disabilities
- Provide support to meet and maintain personal care needs
- Contribute to skill development and maintenance
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
Potential to work in the following roles:
- Accommodation support worker
- Community care worker
- Family support worker
- In-home respite care worker
This course is supported by the Government of South Australia.
Visit www.skills.sa.gov.au for Participant Eligibility Criteria.
*limited places – refer to the Subsidised training list
|Duration:||Self-paced plus 120 hour placement|
|Delivery mode:||Distance Learning - Online|
|Assessment:||Assignments + Workplace simulations + Work Placement|
|Funding:||Subsidised training available to eligible participants www.skills.sa.gov.au|
|Course Fee Value:||$2,375 (GST Exempt)|
|Course Fee Description:||$470 Subsidised gap training fee + costs related to placement eg DHS check $63.25|
|Course Deposit Value:||$470 (GST Exempt)|
|Course Deposit Description:||Payable on enrolment, non refundable, concession may be available|
|Course Prerequisites:||A computer, laptop or tablet with adequate Data/WIFI. Satisfactory DHS check. The enrolment process includes a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) screening and interview|
Provide individualised support
Support independence and wellbeing
Communicate and work in health or community services
Work with diverse people
Work legally and ethically
Recognise healthy body systems
Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
Follow established person-centred supports
Support community participation and social inclusion
Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
Meet personal support needs
Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures