Introduction to Autism
Autism spectrum disorder is a lifelong developmental disability that (amongst other things) affects the way a person interacts with others and relates to their environment.
It is estimated that one in 100 people have autism spectrum disorder and Introduction to Autism provides you with a basic understanding of Autism spectrum disorders and gives some strategies for supporting others.
- What is autism spectrum disorder
- Types of autism spectrum disorder (including Autistic disorder and Asperger’s syndrome)
- Characteristics of autism spectrum disorder
- Awareness of sensory sensitivities
- Understanding intellectual and learning disabilities
- How you can support people with autism spectrum disorder
The understanding and use of non-verbal communication is also explored and ways to initiate and engage in conversations.
|Delivery mode:||SALC at Minda’s Brighton site|
|Course Fee Value:||$121 (GST Inclusive)|
|Course Fee Description:||per person as Group bookings ONLY|
- No dates currently available.